Who can nominate?
Governments of UNESCO Member States via their Permanent Delegations to UNESCO and Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) in official partnership with UNESCO can make up to 3 nominations. Self-nominations are not accepted.
Who can be nominated?
Individuals, institutions or organizations advancing girls’ and women’s education. Nominations must focus on an established project or programme of the candidate, which has been running for at least two years, and meets the selection criteria.
How to nominate?
(2) Permanent Delegations to UNESCO and NGOs in official partnership with UNESCO may access the online submissions platform through their official UNESCO account using the following link: http://unesco.org/gwe.
(3) It is possible for National Commissions for UNESCO to access and complete the online form. However, any nomination by a National Commission will need to be submitted by the Permanent Delegation to UNESCO of the respective Member State. An automatic notification message confirming the submission will be sent to the official e-mail address of the Delegation.
(4) If a National Commission or Permanent Delegation to UNESCO wishes that the candidate complete the online nomination form directly, UNESCO can create an account for each candidate. A request should be sent to GWEPrize@unesco.org(link sends e-mail) by the National Commission or Permanent Delegation before 20 May 2021. After completion of the online form by the candidate, the concerned National Commission and Permanent Delegation will receive a notification e-mail and can review the nomination before the Permanent Delegation submits to UNESCO.
(5) Attention should be paid to presenting the project/programme of the candidate in a clear and structured way, following the instructions given in the form and respecting the indicated word limit. All supporting material (e.g. action plans, publications, videos) must be transmitted electronically through the online system.
(6) Nominations must be submitted via the online platform by the concerned Permanent Delegations to UNESCO or NGOs by midnight of 26 May 2021 (UTC+1, Paris time). Kindly note that each Permanent Delegation or NGO may not submit more than three nominations. Any additional nominations will not be taken into consideration.
For any question regarding the UNESCO Prize for Girls’ and Women’s Education or the submission process, please contact the Secretariat of the Prize at the Section of Education for Inclusion and Gender Equality at UNESCO – Tel: +33 (0) 1 45 68 11 34 / 16 22 – e-mail: GWEPrize@unesco.org(link sends e-mail).